Skip to main content

Why Everyone Was A Victim Of CoronaVirus Pandemic

Many are opportunists, availing every opportunity for extortion.

The worse that happened during CoronaVirus was indigenes of Aba disguising themselves as committee and agents set out for COVID19. They

were dressing exactly as the COVID19 agents to monitor movement and help stop the spread. 

The irascible act was that they used it as opportunity to extort money from people. In time like this, people taking advantage of the situation in the market places as tax collector fining traders who were not able to close the exact time as mandated by government, instead of stopping them they try to encourage them by taking bribe. At times I could swear that there was something wrong with Nigeria. Not going to leave everything out, what about the lockdown period.

Markets and every other organization s were on lockdown, but Nigerian wealth traders were still doing business. When their customers came for goods, they would give money to the security agencies or soldiers who were at the market gate like #1000 depending. Those securities would open gate and the went to do their business as usual while they would return to the gate waiting for another customer. This wasn’t funny at all. If you didnt offer them money you won't be allowed to go in and do business. They kept deceiving themselves when the poor were dying of hunger and starvation, the so called politicians would come and declared to have provided palliative measures. Just deceiving an average man. At times I wonder how they managed to deceive the poor and middle man.

The layman has always been victim of circumstances.

There had always been suspected cases in Anambra since the COVID19. Just like the one that occurred at Adazi Nnukwu there was a suspected COVID19 case, the suspected victim because he was coughing blood but the community was in fear that many had contracted it since Ochendo Adazi elu was a man with affluence. They accused him of spreading the virus to Adazi people. NCDC collected his sample but he was denying that he was running he hadn’t no CoronaVirus.  He began to run so that later got him and took him to Onitsha. 

It got to a time that nurses and health workers ran away from any patient who had come for any medical treatment in the hospital. Everybody was left with the fear of CoronaVirus. They were afraid to contract CoronaVirus because news had it that nurses and doctors had died after diagnosing or attending a CoronaVirus patient.

Now could it be that this uncertainty was asca result of Nigeria lack of adequate medical facilities or the health workers are just incompetent?

Nigeria is full of drama. Always  giving counts who had contracted CoronaVirus. Always giving suspected and confirmed cases leaving no trace of the faces of those who had contracted it. When the prime minister and chief of staff to the president died. The cause of his death was shifted to CoronaVirus. Abba Kyari was tested positive and he died even ignoring the other sickness he confirmed to had suffered. Giving fake an unproven statistical evidence discovered corona victims in Nigeria without being factual.

Though many doubted the presence of CoronaVirus in Nigeria but believed it was only in the Whitman's land.

How disappointing Nigeria could be immediately the said victim of COVID-19 who died as its cause, he was immediately replaced with another chief of staff. They weren't scared of voting and running politics and even campaigning should they contract CoronaVirus but were busy obstructing the poor masses for going their various businesses. People frowned at government act. Reason being they couldn’t mourn the death of the deceased chief of staff but were quick to give out his position without giving him sign of respect, though it was very abnormal. 

A country with thr wrong leader is in bondage, the masses suffer the most.

Suffering for the mistake of our leader  is one thing so irritating and unacceptable. A country that was said to be battling with COVID-19 was very inquisitive for political dominance. Fighting for political positions of who to lead and who would not sit on that seat in Aso Rock. 


Let us learn to rule ourselves better by imploring love and justice, rule of law.


Read related posts 

Why you don't need meanness to run this race called life 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c