Skip to main content

3 Most Important Things Newlyweds Couples Should Know

Love is the sweetest when we find true love and beautify our love.

People are often concerned of wedding, and the joy of the big day—and often time, despite excellent premarital counseling—the message gets lost, overlooked, or silenced. Know this  marriage takes effort and commitment.

3 Most Important Things Couples Should Know

1.The Couple Should Depart From Their Parents Home                                                 

Besides physically leaving their parents' homes, both the husband and wife are to become emotionally and financially independent as well. The marriage relationship—and the new family that has been created—is to be the primary source of emotional health, financial provision,  security,  and protection for the couple.

A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.                                                                                      Robert Quillen

Indisputably, the bonds of love for one's parents are everlasting,  but these connections are to change. I advise that the couple will not make an absolute break from their parents, but they must realize that they are now a family, and they really need to make their own decisions. Again, the new husband and wife must have greater loyalty to each other than to their parents. 

If it was nowadays, we call it honeymoon this is the short period of time the couple give to themselves for relaxation, blending in marriage just like an early Jewish custom was that the husband was to do nothing the first year of marriage just to get to know his wife. That's how important commitment was to the Jewish family. This meant the husband would not go to war or go out for work. This is applicable to the new bride was to learn about her new husband. No distractions along the way. 

Pour your sweet feelings out and shower your partner what their hearts desire.

Now it is very important we show our spouse how important they're in our lives. We show our spouse that he or she holds that number one spot when, at every level we leave our parents' house. Here I understand that my husband cannot freely give to me until he knows in his heart that I see him as more important to me than any other person in my life. Same thing is applied to me, I need to know that I am the most important person in his life before I can be fully committed to him.

2. The Couple Should Be Bonded to One Another Permanently. 

Permanence is very neccessary though our culture this day doesn't value it but for a godly home, and to build a strong marriage relationship. Permanence doesn't happen automatically. I and my spouse should adapt this and it can only take time, and work but I believe that the reward of the hard work will make the work well worth the effort exerted. 

I and my husband left our parents' homes to set up a home of our own. It becomes very possible because we are decisive not to live in the same house with our parents even though it would be economical.

We spend ample time together, leaving aside friends distractions and hangouts to concentrate and to have more time for each other.

Reserving our bedroom for love and happiness, in order not to allow distractions we keep away everything that could distract us like television for watching football match, or seeing movies, or the late news. This is because we know we should provide happiness to each other in bedroom. 

3. Importance Of Oneness 

When you have succeeded in Staying permanent, like you vowed in the alter that you shall become one at the alter when you say your vows to one another before our Creator. Practically, oneness between a husband and wife is a process that happens over a period of time and over their lifetime together.

The leaving, joining in permanence, and oneness, results in a new identity in which two people become one. This means, one in mind, heart, body and spirit. This should not be only in physical nakednes but also nakedness of the spirit and emotion. We are free from all guilt and shame before our mates. This foundation will stand the test of time. Read also, the best way to fall in love.

Knowing our mates and bonding with them is one of the greatest gift we can offer to our marriage relationship to build a strong and unbreakable home.

Read other posts

The most sweetest words that makes life feel better

Why you don't need meanness to run this race called life

The best way to ask for help when you are in need



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c