Skip to main content

Ways to Find happiness and peace of Mind

Self love is the best revenge to self spite.

On the 28 December was a sad day. I left the house, heading to Nwafor, a small market in Umudim, Dimagu Autonomous Community. You

can call it a local market, it is not big but it saves the time of many and the stress of walking down the distance all the way to Afor Ukwu which was some miles away. I entered a motorcycle to Afor Ukwu. Afor Ukwu is the biggest market in Isiekenesi clan. The six different communities that make up the Isiekenesi clan— Isieke, Umuojisi, Umudim, Okohia, Umuaghobe and Awalla. The six communities have in common connection to Afor Ukwu which gives them a strong connection. 

For most of us who don't know about Isiekenesi. Isiekenesi clan is in Ideato South LGA of Imo State, Nigeria.

One can easily bump into a long distance friend or relative at the big market. It is so exciting to see how boisterous the market can be on the Afor day. That reminds me of Oyeagu market in Njikoka Local Government Area, local government close to Amawbia, Akwa capital of Anambra State. 

When the Motorcyclist was driving fast, I kept asking him to slow down until we arrived at Afor Ukwu. I was on paying him after I had climbed down the motorcycle. To pay him I didnt notice the motorcycle behind me, the next my below ankle pricked just like a wild thorn I turned to notice the exhaust of the motorcycle had hurt me. It was irascible and I sighed, severally but the deed was done and irreversibly hurt. It didn't stop me from going to Amanator. 

In everything, give thanks to God.

I began to wish it never happened. I beat myself but I wouldn't regret going to hang out. It just wanted to happen and it happened. The next two days later, I left the house going to Afor Ukwu to watch football, my Samsung phone that I was pampering slipped and the screen broke. I was very sad again. I never knew why and what happened.               

Fate is one thing one cannot change or control.

I had to accept the fate. At times when my head ful I would want to cool off. Here there is only one place I can go to calm my stress and clear my head. Prince Hotel at Amanato. I always go there to relax. Sitting at their bar though not exciting or any interesting activities but just to calm my mind. It is another way to manage strain and stress.

Ways to Find happiness and  peace of mind I discovered.

I found that most of the time we are angry over the things we cannot control. It is not the best thing to do. I believe that if you cannot affect the outcome then there is no point worrying about something. 

The only way to happiness is giving yourself peace of mind.

There are many things to distract yourself from worries.

1. Do exercises while you wait out for things that get you upset. 

2. Learn to forgive yourself and others. Forgive people and don't be passive aggressive by waiting for the best time to punish them back. Forgive those who wronged you just like you have forgiven yourself. 

3. Pursue what makes you happy. Whatever brings you joy, do it.

4. Take time out for yourself. Sit alone for launch to get away from the drama. This was exactly what I was about doing before I got myself with the motorcycle exhaust heat.

5. Help others. You don't know the joy you derive from giving to people in need. 

6. Having a goal that you can work for can help you find yourself when you are feeling lost.

7. Set limit. Desist from doing things that are least important.

8. Find a relaxation technique that works for you.

9. Don't create unnecessary tension. Learn not to make mountains out of a molehill. Accept and let go.

10. Disconnect over the weekends. Leave your work and switch off your phone to chill and relax. Have good time for yourself.

11. Don't let your bad day interfere with your day. Some days are bad and others good. Always remember there is a day tomorrow.

12. Be true to yourself and don't judge others.

13. Don't compare yourself with anyone.

14. Laugh a lot. In fact, be humorous and don't have a reason to laugh.

15. Love unconditionally, self love is the best. When you have self love, you will definitely love others.

16. Don't be too serious. Don't take yourself too serious and don't be mean to yourself. Be free with yourself and humanity to others.

17. Live in the moment and worry less about tomorrow.

18. Always speak your mind and resist guilt.

19. Learn to see failure as a learning curve. If you have a healthy attitude towards failure it encourages bravery.

20. Connect with others. Sharing life and moments with others helps to relieve and makes you feel less alone and feeling understood by someone.

21. Leave your comfort zone at times because you will never know your true potential if you stay in your comfort zone. Test your limit.

22. Always be positive and slow down  in certain things you do in life. Set realistic goals and work on them bit by bit. You must not accomplish every goal you set same day.

23. Monitor your thoughts.

24. Make sure to get enough sleep 

25. Learn to stand up for what you believe in and your perspective. Always keep your eyes on bigger pictures.

26. Have enough rest and sleep. At least eight hours sleep per night.

27. Switch off your phone at your leisure time to have much time for yourself.

28. Give yourself a break. Apply for a leave and take it to go for vacation and tour.

29. Play peaceful music that calms the spirit and soul and emotional control music too, "blues"

30. Play with someone that knows how to make it exciting. Not minding the age, it can be a five year old.

You need peace of mind. If you have everything in the world and all that life can offer mansion, houses, cars, without peace of mind then be assured that you are poor but if you have peace of mind teven without the pleasures and luxuries of life then you are rich. When you have peace with yourself you can easily work your way to success.

Be optimistic: always be positive about life. Always create a positive mindset and avoid grudge and malice. Grudge and bearing malice eat you like pests. They succeed in making you look sad and create unnecessary unhappy moments for you. So you need to brush aside all hurt and wrong whatsoever you have been through from anyone and move on with your. Don't judge people. This part really touched me, and I am also talking to myself to live a better life and be a better me. So now, what stops you?


Read related posts 

The most sweetest words that makes life feel better 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c