Skip to main content

Why Strange Things Happen

Everything has been ordained, the only thing that remains is the manifest.

I couldn't help beating my chest and pouring scorns at myself for not showing up on time at Njikoka local government to collect my certificate of National Service (CNS)and probably have pictograph album with my fellow corps members. Read also, My unexciting passing out parade. I couldn't imagine myself going to Awka to collect my Certificate of National Service. My desire was to have my Certificate of National Service the same time with my fellow batch corps members, going to Awka was out of my plan. But at the same time, it couldn't be changed. The did had been done. It had happened I needed to align I learned that it's better to leave things the way they are than to beat yourself for nothing.

Patience is all it takes to win.

I couldn't wait for Tuesday to come. At least I have learned to accept and live with my fate. Though I was very angry to be among the corps members who weren't opportuned to collect their CNS on the dateline. But this few days I was in Owerri waiting for Tuesday to come close, I forgot about everything, I regained my weight a bit. Looking my best other than the way I looked on the Thursday I went to Njikoka for my POP. 

I was very excited that early in the morning by 5:00 I was already dressed up, I left the house getting to 6:00 in the morning. I wouldn't want to make that mistake of a one chance bus ever again so I entered a Siena bus. Though it was expensive but it was comfortable and the bus had air conditioner. We arrived Onitsha on time. There was no police check and nothing delayed our journey. When I arrived at Onitsha, I boarded another bus to Awka.

Life is unpredictable. The more you try to understand it the less you understand itself.

When I arrived at Awka, it was getting to 10:00 in the morning. I thought I could arrive at Onitsha latest 8:30 that morning but it wasn't so but I had to accept it. Tuesday was the last chance, after Tuesday every other corps member who hadn't collected their CNS was going to Abuja to get it. When I got at NYSC office Awka many corps members were there already and had collected their CNS and taking pictures before I hurriedly came and another problem, 

"Where is your clearance form?" One of the NYSC officials asked. "I already submitted to the CLO," I replied. The CLO was given back all the clearance form of those who weren't present to collect their Certificate of National Service on Thursday but I wasn't aware and I ignorant left it with Samuel Amadi but I made sure I collected the certificate our CDS group (SDGs) that was my CDS group and through the CDS leader I collected it in my way going after unsuccessful leaving NYSC office that Thursday. So that morning I had to call Samuel Amadi immediately to bring my clearance form to me at Awka promising to give him his transportation fare. He agreed and before I could know it, he brought my clearance form within some minutes interval already. Then I dipped my hand in my purse and gave him some money. He was happy, I  could see his face lit up. I took the clearance form and queued waiting for my turn to go and submit to collect my certificate. 

You accept evil wish of others when you fail to work yourself out of it.

After the collection of the certificate coming towards the gate I was given three text books on health, child bearing and family planning. I was very happy but I remembered what Chris said to me earlier. When Chris asked me to come and stay in his apartment and wait till Thursday so that we would go together and collect our CNS I refused I sensed he wasn't happy with me. So when I told him I wouldn't stay in Njikoka a day before collection of CNS he said that I wouldn't get mine if I had to come from Owerri. "Before you come they would have finished issuing CNS to corps members," he said. "I will go to Awka and collect it," I said. "You will still miss it at Awka and you will go to Abuja to collect your CNS," he said. But I rejected this wish. Onyeka once said to me that Anambra was not going to pay me my state and Abuja, the payer of federal allowee wasn't going to pay me either. He said it to tease me and make me angry. Though it was a bad wish but I never accepted it. The way the paid me my State allowee made me to have savings and I was grateful the State paid me in arrears.

So now I succeeded in collecting my CNS I was very excited. The next thing that stands the test of time was taking of pictures. I was so excited at least it was honourable to collect your CNS at Awka. I forgot the pain and frustration I faced the last week and was excitedly facing my present moment with great joy, looking very elated. So I saw another fellow corps member, I made friends and we went to a flower garden environment and a boy passing by gave us photo shots. My new friend was a very dark girl, slim, average height from Katsina. She resembled my day one friend in camp who was also from Katsina. Read also, How I felt my first day in National Youth Orientation Camp.

What will be will surely be. Everything that happens in someone's life has been ordained before birth. Nobody has the power to change your destiny not even you. So always work your part asking for grace.


Read related posts,

My unexciting passing out parade 

The nastiest action of my life

Why he wanted me to be his bae

5 question of a good woman 

My fairytale Romance 

Why you have to show gratitude 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c