Skip to main content

The Nastiest Action Of A Propelled Virgin

   Whatever you focus your mind, you will achieve.

I was amazed to see this message when we returned from Sensitization. Read alsoThe effects of daring to live a perfect life. It was

obvious that Mr Emeka had known me as "Hope hand sanitizer" The following day I had to pack all my belongings, I was travelling that morning. As Jennifer was preparing I was preparing too, though she left me when I was sweeping the dirt from the corner I kept my bag. I was scared of Gbemisola and Mary. They were very evil. I never knew of what they could do. I was afraid of diabolic activities from them using my belongings against me. This made me to act so unconsciously that I had to include my pool bucket in my bag. This was the most ridiculous and nastiest action of my life, it was very absurd. This fearful thought swiped up due to their hatred, envy and jealousy for me that I had to do the nastiest thing, sounding so irritating, I mean who does that?

It happened very fast that I didn’t even think of throwing it in the bush behind the house where I had always been disposing things I no longer needed. The only thought that occurred to me was putting it in my Ghana must go bag. It wasn’t funny. When I came out of the house to the parlour, they were all there including the guys who were playing Ludo. “Lolo are you going for your wedding?” CY teased me. 

Though I didn’t tell anybody not even ThankGod who was the only Igbo guy from Abia  State remaining in the house after Chinonso from Orlu and Kenneth from Ebonyi State. The other two friend Emma and Kenneth from Ebonyi had travelled the previous day. The other Emma had travelled long time. As for Chinonso he left the family house to his own apartment recently,  so he wasn’t coming anytime soon.

I asked them to help me with my "ghana must go", where I packed my small travelling bag and shoes while I backed the other school bag. I saw the surprise look on Gbemisola, Mary and even Jane's faces that morning. I’m fond of travelling  unannounced. They should have been used to it before now, I thought. So they should deal with it. 

I was really scared of those girl, they were weird and dangerous and were capable of hurting me. Gbemisola who gave me a plate of rice on Sunday which she had never done before after having quarreled with her the day batch A1 was to leave camp. I got this plate of rice when I returned from Igwe's house that Sunday with Emmanuel, a fellow corps member serving at Abba. Though Emmanuel never believed I was living in a family house because of my packaging. They all thought I was a big girl and should be living in a better and comfortable apartment. 

The level of standard they gave me was high. He thought I was lying until he came to the family house. That day I offered to give him rice that they kept for me. "Since you said you are hungry let me get you the roce they kept for me," I said. "The rice you didn't want to eat uoubwant to hive me," said Emmanuel. I was surprised because I never told him what I wanted to do with the rice. I never knew he was thinking what I was thinking. He refused to eat "You expected me to eat when you weren’t eating in same pot with them." He only had some bananas I served him. 

After I poured the plate of rice in a black nylon bag and flung it in the bush behind the family house. I took the plate and washed it properly and kept it where others were. I thanked Gbemisola very well. Could that food be poisoned food? Why would they think of that? In fact, they had shown me so much hatred already bit this sudden kindness from Gbemisola few days after our exchange of words really shocked me.

What scared me more was that she had never done such before not even Mary, why now? It was cery suspicious that even a blind man could read the handwriting onthe wall. Inagine how Emmanuel just screamed, that I wanted him to eat the food I didn't want to eat. She started informing me of the rice she kept for me on phone when I was still away at Abba to see Igwe of Abba Community regarding the personal project. And now she couldn't allow me to keep my hand bag, 

"Hope, I kept food for you," I wondered the strange and sudden extension of hands of friendship. I thanked her and was busy washing the bunch of bananas I bought from Eze-Alias Junction to entertain Emmanuel, my guest. And suddenly all I saw was "Hope see the food I kept for you," said Gbemisola. I wondered. Is it by force? Why is this girl persistently asking me to eat this food? I became frightened. She knew I would soon travel because of the CoronaVirus. "Why would these girls want to hurt me?" I thought deeply.

You are ready, start making stuff.                                                            Austin Kleon

He was the first to apprise me of Abba crisis. It was my first time of hearing that name, Arthur Eze in Ukpo. When I was talking about how to have a talk with Arthur Eze, he was scared for me. But he saw the boldness and courage in my voice. He was certain I was going to carry it out. He said I should forget it but to serve and go snd this CoronaVirus pandemic arose.

Don't miss any opportunity you have got because such opportunities are hard to come by.

I left Njikoka because schools had been shut down because of the pandemic. This was as a result of the memo from the governor’s desk after orders came from the federal government to shut down both government and private institutions and parastatals.

It was Arthur Eze who had been buying and forcefully depriving people of their lands in all parts of Anambra State. But my belief was that he was either right or wrong in his actions. Something must cause something. Meanwhile, I didn’t have a say in such matter because the popular Igbo proverb, He who does not know where the rain starts beating him will not know where the rain stops beating him." I came to see Abba Community Secondary school fence was pulled down. I asked why, they said it was on a struggle. And now Emmanuelhad cleared me on who did it and why. After all it remained a communal dispute. Chimamanda Adichie the renowned Nigerian writer was fighting for Justice on this. She is from Abba Community.

Women are never less humans but less men.

Now a dawn realization had come to me why a certain old woman was about complaining to me why she didn’t think I would get sponsorship from Abba indigenes, “I doubt the possibility of getting sponsors for your Community Development Service personal project. Now at this moment and worse time in the lives of Abba Community indigenes,” she stopped. I didn’t get something out this not until I gathered detail analysis and got fact why the old woman’s statement. 

So I wouldn’t say something concerning what I didn’t know. I was only a corps member who found herself posted in Abba community to serve as a place of her primary assignment.

What you have to do, do quick, time is short.

If i had kicked off my personal project before barely 5 months to passing out parade, I believed I  would have successful carried out a project as the impact I made during my one year of service. But my bad those horrible girls in the family house and those weird fellow corps members at Abba community Secondary school never allow me concentrate. The averred reckless moments I got could let me.

I scrolled down to see a strict NYSC breaking news with the face of Director General on Anambra State news. It was emphasizing that no final clearance no passing out parade for Batch B. It went on to stress that there would be no passing out parade for any batch B corps member without final clearance. 

I was shocked at seeing this, why all this protocol? What did they stand to gain with our final clearance? Was it difficult for them to use our previous clearance, I mean the thumbprint that fingerprint to serve as our clearance just for the sake of CoronaVirus pandemic inconvenience. Read also, The myth of leadership

It was obvious COVID19 had suddenly disrupted NYSC activities for the year 2020. Who would believe I have to spend three months free service year in the house yet receiving my allowee, both state and federal?

See all this young graduates still wanted to serve.
I wander why people were still talking about going to orientation camp after all this scandalous news of COVID19 and how it had affected National Youth Service Corps program. But the good news was that the federal government declined it till further notice. It was indefinite. I really enjoyed and benefited hugely though.

Wisdom is all about knowing your enemies and courteously going along with them and pretending nothing happens. Always implore wisdom in all you do and avail any opportunity that comes your way.

Coming up next is the scandalous story of my passing out parade.

Read also, 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c