Skip to main content

5 Ways Your Silence Speaks Volumes

Silence is a sleeping word when you are much awake.

Silence speaks for itself. You may actually be speaking without words. Learn to pause, wait to get to the podium command the
people's attention with your silence and then start talking. I have learned that people like to listen to someone who they've found always silent. And when you talk there is absolute tranquity and rapturous attention.

On this post I am going to give you 5 ways your silence speaks volumes.

1. Recognition of Presence: Silence speaks volumes. The power of silence can communicate more than your words even. You can achieve greater attention with just silence. You can use silence to create anticipation. People will always be eager to hear you talk even before you open your mouth to utter a word. The eagerness of people to listen to someone who is always silent is unimaginable. Your silence always leaves people thinking and expecting.

2. Build Your Personality : In most conversations, the priceless contribution needed from you is listening. Though listening is one hell of hard work that requires only three things, focus, patience and practice. Besides everyone wants to be heard in a conversation, making listening invaluable. No one can really learn anything when they don't pay attention. Through paying attention, you can take in the most knowledge as possible from others and you will continue to learn and grow. Choose your words, sieve your word to microwave it before responding to a particular comment or question. Don't be afraid to gather ground for your words before spilling them.

Your silence helps you choose your words appropriately especially in a job interview or a first time meeting with a client tells the interviewer or the client how conscious and thoughtful individual you are to reckon with. It's an applaud, it creates first time positive impression.

3. Massage Your Ego: silence demonstrates respect. Silence helps you to be the most articulate your personality can be. By being silent you show the person you are conversing with some respect and at the same time proven how civilized you're. By silence it will help you focus on the individual you're conversing, making your meeting/conversation more efficient and effective.

Talking always reduces you to nothing: listening more often earns you respect.

4. Let Action speak volumes:
Silence always speaks for itself. When you are silent, this doesn't mean in any way that you aren't communicating. Yes, you do communicate even in your world of silence. You have to master to listen up and allow the power in your silence act to speak volumes for you. Your body language matters and it can speak volumes. Body language even while standing can say more about you and your attitude. 

When you stand arm crossed, fidgeting or even looking biased people find you uninterested and bored. But when you stand shoulder back, hand at your side or your hip people assume you are confident of yourself. Again when listening to someone eye contact is the key or main goal. It is an indicator that you are interested in what they are saying but when you keep wandering with your eyes around the whole place or room, it shows you are not listening. 

Also your professional image speaks volumes about you just the way silence speaks volumes. Your dress code to a particular occasion or ceremony or conference or seminar matters. They way your dressing compliments a particular occassion, the more attention you will draw for yourself.

Silence brings honour to even the nonentity.

5. Noted worthy: people are prone to pay attention to you and find you worthy of their time and attention when your silence is implored. At times people may see it that you are giving attitude but no it's the best way to gather momentum. By just expression and articulation There is no way one can gain attention of people by first exhausting all at once and when it's the right time to talk keeps quiet to mop like a moron or talk to talk garbage by then you have already exhausted all your words. People no more long to listen to what you have got to speak or by then they are very much interested to hear from you but you haven't no right words to speak again. Your words became regardless. 


Inculcate the habit to listen and value keeping silent than speaking. Silence most times is golden. The ability to pay much attention and speak a few words turns on the crowd.

It may interest you to read our previous posts



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c