Skip to main content

4 Lies That Destroy Relationship

Building relationships is the matter of the two different beings acknowledging their differences.

I always have my reservations for pointing fingers at men. As a man, you need to stand up and be counted so you can love your wife and she can accept your love. We need to dispel the lies that are given as truth.

4 Lies That Destroy Relationship 

The lie that you can have it all.
The lie that men and women are fundamentally the same. 
The lie that men and women view eros love the same way.
The lie that speaking your mind is better than listening. 

1. The lie that you can have it all:
You have to reach agreement with your couple that life wasn't made to have it all. There are times you will object to another's proposal. The price is too much. You and your mate may be very capable in what is too big of a price to pay, but then as a man you have to protect your family. Even when the world tries to lie to us that we can have it all, if you have a transformed mind, you know there is no way you can have it all because your priorities are different. There is no way you can get all you wanted in life and out of life. Remember, man's need is insatiable. 

I wanted to have my ideal man. A man who has the whole qualities I wanted in a man. But this won't be possible due to the fact that no man is perfect. Don't get me wrong, I am an optimist, I believe in possibilities but remember that it is human nature to change. This is going to definitely cause a problem if there are qualities you first saw in your partner and later disappear but when you have it at the back of your mind that you can't have it all, then the better for the growth of your relationship.

2. The lie that men are fundamentally the same:
According to research men and women have different priorities. Observations of the world around us and contact with members of the opposite reveal that male and females have different priorities, they think different thoughts and have different desires in life. Now the difference between men and women are one reason why marriage is challenging.
It's quite unfortunate that many couples have refused to acknowledge these differences in their quest for liberation from the traditional culture.
 
Accept your strengths and weaknesses and walk together in love.

Don't allow yourself to be misled to believe that your wife's ways are your ways, her thoughts become your thoughts, same thing with her emotions become your emotions. You two are different individuals with different ways of doing things, different thoughts and different emotions. It is good you acknowledge that there are differences will do you and your spouse better to have a healthy relationship.

3. The lie that men and women view eros love the same way:
This is a white lie if someone tells you that men and women view eros and love making the same way. As they are different opposite with their ways of thinking and doing things, their emotions varies. Their urge comes in different ways. 

The way they approach love and romance or urge and enjoy it and some of those differences are not hard to understand. The connection between eros and love is much closer and more important to women than it is to men. The evolution of intercourse attempted to erase  differences. Meanwhile, in the effort to achieve equality with men many erotically active women have tried to ignore their fundamental emotional needs. They end up sacrificing their lives based on the lie that they should approach intercourse the same way as men.

By being less masculine, you can be more feminine.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that men like the softness of a woman, starting from her chin, voice, her dress, her social graces, manner of conduct as well as the way she relates and responds to situations. It is also good you know that men are motivated and aroused by sight. On the other hand, women are motivated and induced by kindness, softness, respect, communication and attention, they don't just appreciate it when you talk to them but also saying sweet words in her ears and heart and feeling her breath—this is a huge stimulant of arousing her and activating her to be in the mood.

4. The Lie that speaking your mind is better than listening:
The only way a woman feels loved is to see her husband leaving behind his newspaper, television, his favourite music and football match and turns off the favourite TV channel just to listen to his wife. You should know that she doesn't always expect you to solve all the problems she mentions. The only thing she just wants to know that you care enough to listen. Men should also note that women speak maximum words a day and men could only speak half the words women speak per day. This is to tell you that as they speak they need someone to listen and also contribute.

Yes, a woman gauge needs to talk, talk, and talk and have you the man listen, listen, listen. I also know that men just want facts, like they will say, "I am not good in much expression" they always want to start doing and be actively involved in the real thing. They just want to get the facts, to get to the bottom line of the matter, they don't care about hearing the detail. But women? They must talk it out and spill every bean out.
Any man who talks like a woman should be seen as less a man because much talk is not in their gender. 

Love does not abuse.

Though many of us like to speak instead of listen. While doing that, try to avoid uttering words  that are hurting and weird, we make sure any words apoken is covered in love. Couples argue, in our own case we set ground rules when we do, and one of them being that we don't attack the other person with hurting words or engage each other in heartbroken dialogue. 

If you are the type whose words are not edifying switch gear in your mind and your mouth and begin to speak only words worth remembering and loving. Always consider the scandal these and other lies have caused in our society today and relationship and marriage. To avoid the breaking up and further relationship problems, let's embrace the change.


Read related posts 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c