Skip to main content

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life.

It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house.

I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help crying out in guilt.

It said to me that it was unfair to go to church almost stripped naked showing my laps. And it said, "don't you remember what the Arch Deacon has warned ladies to stop coming to church half naked? Do you want to be embarrassed. And you will never feel comfortable as guilt won't allow your self confidence," it said. But I have gone too far besides I was late already. Because of guilt I turned back. 

Don't explain yourself to anyone, do your thing and allow them see the reasult.

When I got back from church, I was still excited for no reason. Though I have thought of going out that sunday. Taking myself out on date that could sound crazy, I know but I did. The truth is that I have always chastised people who have given me a hand of friendship. I am an introvert no doubt though I posses some extrovert qualities like, talking but not really a talkative.

I don't make friends, not a gregarious person even the harder I try to be jovial the more introverted I become. Then I can't imagine myself keeping a boyfriend as it is against my personal belief. I don't feel comfortable around guys but I can do business with them—strictly business. 

Walking out of the house that noon, I saw my brother's friend, Biggie. Though that's a nickname because of his uncontrolled pot bellied body physique. I greeted him but he never responded positively. What's wrong with me? I was wearing my short dark blue jeans gown with black sneakers and wig to cover my weaved hair. Hanging my handbag on my shoulder innocently approached toward him only to greet him and he gave a negative hum. What could be in his mind, probaby, I was going on a date with a man to catch some fun. Anyways I walked passed him I needed not to explain myself to anyone like my younger brother would always tell me.

My intuit won't be far from truth because I have been a homely girl. Unlike other sundays, once I returned from church I would take my bath, have my lunch and lock myself up in my room. The next you would see me doing is either writing or blogging. Life could be boring whenever I see myself doing this, no fun, no changing of environment, always stocked in my room? I took a bold step and that was the best decision I could ever take.

This was a guy I saw when I was coming back from church about an hour ago. He walked in on us when I was bidding price with the woman that has kiosk down the street. She wanted me to bake birthday cake for her son. And I left them in good note so why the swing mood? Luckily, a motorcycle appeared from nowhere towards me, I waved hands on it to stop. Immediately the motorcyclist riding towards my direction stopped, I climbed on the motorcycle and we rode off. I hear some people hummed when the motorcycle rode pass the woman's kiosk.

No matter how hard you try to please people you can never please them.

On my way going out, my sister in law asked me to buy her something, I smiled telling her I don't have money. I wasn't going on a date with anyone and besides I wasn't going to enjoy just to feel new environment and nature that's all. I never cared if she believed me nor the mother. The art of dating myself is to show self care and love, as courtesy to show a romantic as would a partner.

At first I thought of visiting Shoprite but on a second thought I decided to visit Crunchies Fried which was not too far from the house. When I walked in, the first place I went to order for bottled water which I took with me upstairs, though, they thought I was going to use the door after buying the water. One of the girls who attended to me said, "thank you" and the security guard pushed the door inside, it opened but unfortunately I came to spend something alone.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

I needed a calm atmosphere and I expected to get much of it there but it was the opposite of it it. Children were playing with the kids playing machines. The atmosphere was uproarious, as there was absolute pandemonium—kids shouting, making a hale of noise. Though these kids came with their mothers and some of them, a complete family, coming to celebrate birthdays because I could see cakes and wines on some of the tables whereas others came to give their kids a treat.

I sat there chilling with my bottled water, pressing my phone and making some videos and at a time started watching live football—powered by betway. It was actually a premiere league. Suddenly, a guy walked behind me showing his face on my camera as if he wanted to have a chat with me. I spent couple of hours and walked down to order for take away. I oredered for ice cream. A plate of ice cream was #1000. I wouldn't mind the cost, so I didn't open it but I noticed how light it was when they packaged it in a take away bag and handed over to me. I gave them my ATM card. Walking out of the restaurant, I was so excited I had a nice time hanging out what I  haven't done in such a long time now. I really had the best solo date of my life and I envisage often repetition. 

When I got home I was surprised to bring out the plate of ice cream only to see bubble, looked into the bag it all poured inside the bag. It was a mess. The most annoying part it was melted. Their ice cream was sweet not disputing it but melted. I had myself to blame for not ordering righly. My bad I didn't specify whether melted or frozen ice cream because they have rendered me their services before. I was highly disappointed after feeling a blessed moment with Crunchies Fried there; and this was what I got. I later found that their ice cream is always melted but I must confess it tastes so nice.

Learn this—The greatest problem of man is not having peace with yourself. Always show yourself love. Take yourself out whenever you feel bored. Learn to make yourself happy.


Read also 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we