Skip to main content

10 ways to stop assault, abuse and molestation

The depression of abuse and molestation is therapeutic incurable.

Are you a victim of rape or molestation of any kind or abuse or you are an abuser or molester? these 10 ways go a long way to help stop abuse

and molestation. Understanding how indelible the trauma and drepession the victims goes through can be heartbreaking. Being allergic to victimizing others is a good, put itself in others' shoe. This is a good quality and self discipline. There is this group of persons or individuals that derive pleasure hurting others and this is inhumanity to man.

On this post I am going to give us 10 ways to stop assault, abuse and molestation. 

1. Alcohol is a factor in almost all sexual assaults on college campuses: Do not use alcohol and/or drugs to get someone to have sex with you. Learn to control yourself and implore caution and self discipline and say no to your amoral urge and unscrupulous behaviour.

2. Many perpetrators of abuse or assault are someone the victim knows. Abuse or assaults can happen on a date or at a party: Dress Decent: some men don’t take no as an answer not when you have directly or indirectly seduced them saying to yourself that it isn’t intentionally to seduce any man but your wears say it all. So with those skimpy wears you are calling on men to abuse you or molest you. Avoid these molesters by keeping your guard up. Keep your guard up means to be alert at all times.

3. Abuse cannot end until men are involved. Be a part of it in the fight: brush aside every rape discussion from your friend. Know that silence does not equal consent. When she says NO respect her decision and control yourself.

4. Join the campaign against abuse: It is okay to tell someone who you think is not acting right or modest to leave: try to create a distraction to avoid uncalled discussion that can arouse one's emotions and urge/desire for pleasure.

5. Shun anyone who touches any of your sensitive organs: avoid walking with your opposite in a lonely place, don’t walk in isolated places—this can cause some sensitive feelings and attraction.

6. While chatting with your opposite avoid staying in secret places, as this can be tempting. Always stay in a social circle or public place to chat with friends (opposite sex)

The stigma of rape can last a lifetime.

7. Respect people and keep your guard up: Learn how  to stop being abusive or raining insults on people or being disrespectful to others. People always wish to hurt those they feel are being disrespectful or insulting, so can easily lure attack on them at a slight opportunity. Don't attract enemies to yourself by giving people attitude. Learn how to stop violence, abuse and molestation.

8. Don’t blame rape victims for the violence perpetrated against them. Take responsibility for your own amorous action, don'tshift it to anyone as this is the reason for raping someone or abusing someone. 

Act of self discipline is the best fight against abuse. 

9. Do not participate in objectifying behaviour by objectifying or stereotyping women. And stop seeing women as less human and humiliating them leading to abusing and molesting their pride. 

10. Teach everyone you know about the myths and realities of violence or violating women. Always remember to interrupt rape jokes and be conscious with your thoughts and actions.

And it is very important you support women and men working to end violence of any kind, be it abuse or domestic violence by volunteering your time, donating money, and/or lobbying legislators. If you love yourself you will also love others and will not want to hurt them.

Always try to avoid violence or abuse of any kind. Say no to abuse and molestation, say no to rape. Think about it, if it were your sister or mother that is violated, how will you feel? Do what will be good to you when such comes your way, do same to others.

Thank you so much for being part of our today’s topic don't miss our subsequent posts. Thank you!


It may interest you to read;

5 ways silence speak volumes

The weirdest thoughts of a virgin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c