Skip to main content

Reasons Why Dreams Die

Fears dictate oncoming danger.

The next day that followed the day we went for the Sensitization on CoronaVirus and Lassa Fever at Oyeagu market, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra, Read also,

why you don't need  meanness to run this race called life, I had to pack all my belongings, I was travelling that morning. As Jennifer was preparing I was preparing too, though she left me when I was sweeping the dirt from the corner I kept my bag. I was scared of Gbemisola and Mary. Read also, Effects of daring to live a perfect life. I never knew of what they could do. 

One thing I didn't fail to understand was that they are capable of doing anything. Evil is written over their actions and I couldn't take the risk of trusting them. Moreover, I was afraid of diabolic activities they might use charms on any of my belongings if they laid their hands on against me. They were bent on hurting me for why exactly? I wouldn't know. Could it be jealousy? I went as far as putting my pool bucket in my bag. 

This fearful thought swipe up due to their hatred, envy and jealousy for me. It happened that I didn’t even think of throwing it in the bush behind the house where I had always been disposing things I no longer needed. I couldn't think of any possible way than to quickly wrap it with a wrapper and put in my bag. Though it sounds so irritating. The only thought that occurred to me was putting it in my Ghana must go bag. It wasn’t funny. When I came out of the house to the parlour, they were all there including the guys who were playing Ludo. “Lolo are you going for your wedding,” CY teased me. Though I didn’t tell anybody not even ThankGod who was the only Igbo remaining in the house. The other two friends Emma and Kenneth from Ebonyi had traveled the previous day. The other Emma who travelled long time. As for Chinonso he left the family to his family recently,  so he wasn’t coming anytime soon.

I asked them to help me with my ghana must go, where I packed my small traveling bag and shoes while I backed the other school bag. I saw the surprise on Gbemisola, Mary and even Jane's faces that morning. I’m fond of traveling unannounced. They should have been used to it by them. So they should deal with it. Gbemisola who gave me a plate if rice on Sunday which she had never done before after having quarreled with her the day batch A1 was to leave camp. I got this plate of rice when I returned from Igwe's house that Sunday with Emmanuel, a co-corps members serving at Abba. Though Emmanuel never believed I was living in a family house because of my packaging. He thought I was lying until he came to the family house. 

There are many thoughts similar to your thoughts.

That day I offered to give him rice that they kept for me. I never knew he was thinking what I was thinking he refused to eat that unexpected him to eat when I wasn’t eating in same pot with them. He only had some bananas. He was the first to brief me about Abba crisis. It was my first time of hearing that name, Arthur Eze. When I was talking on how to have a talk with Arthur he was scared for me. He said I should forget it but to serve and go.

I left Njikoka because schools had been shut down too. This was as a result of the memo from the governor’s desk after orders came from the federal.

Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.

I was flustered, in panic I subconsciously sang aloud;

The music is playing, the drummer is ready,  

what should he be playing on? 

The situation is beyond the rhythm 

yet every music must have rhythm the way you play it,

 the way you dance it. I heard the tune of the music and a voice,  

the tone is loud, but the voice of the people could not be heard. 

It is so unfortunate and alarming that the masses are crying. 

They cry out their eyes, yet their tears could not be seen. 


The peoples mood are at alert: panicking souls. 

The markets are shut down in all cities: foreign

and local cities.

 Now markets leaders are advised to buy infra-red thermometers 

to test people in the markets.

 Anybody with temperature of 37.9 degrees Celsius should be refered to a hospital. 

The drivers are expecting 'stop driving order' till further notice" 

Passengers holding their hands on cheeks and beating on their chests. 


Holy cow! Who can adhere strictly to this rules and conditions?

 What a life with unbearable rules! Freedom deprived, 

depicting hostility and slavery to humanity. 

Rules are for controllable animals in some animal kingdom not 

human race because it is way too much to be abided. 

Human beings need freedom,  peace and comfort. 


Sanitizers should be made available in buses and all forms of vehicles. 

Remember to wash your hands with soap and water.

 Don't touch your face,  eyes and nose: even nose mask for nose. 

It is a respiratory disease. 

All residents are advised not to have a handshake, 

hugging and all other forms of close contact 

and to minimize contact with the door handle and hand rails.


Travelling should be based on necessity. 

The bell keeps ringing. 

People are to be very conscious as it is of great importance 

to stay away or distance when interactions with people: 

social distance of at least 1 metre away" 

such an irritating situation with absurd and blunt conditions attached.

In schools, on campuses are in chaos. 

"students on tertiary institutions are directed to proceed on vacation 

till further notice" students on  Nursery, Primary,  

Secondary schools are directed to proceed on vacation till further notice"- 

this means no academics or extra curriculum activities are allowed in schools. 


The hit is on! 

And the heat is becoming unbearable. 

The ears are not able to hear the heartbreaking sound of sorrow. 

The threat is way too much. 

It is life threatening virus. 

Measures to contain to curtail and 

prevent the spread of CoronaVirus (COVID-19) we await.

 Until then fear cuddle souls. 

The era only He can prescribe the cure.

 He we await! 

Welcome and Goodbye to Novel CoronaVirus!”


If you couldn't fulfill your dream right now, then try next time, never let your dreams die.

This disrupted  my dream of running a personal Community development project in Abba community and affecting the lives of Abba indigenes.

Then the Abba crisis trivialized it all. No prominent figures to ask for financial aid to help carry out the projects because the people were in commotion. No peace in Abba because the Ukpo were trying to head over the Abba and Arthur Eze was the architect of the whole thing when he was busy supporting and lunching attach on the Abba indigenes.

Abba community crisis was a weird one and hit was still fresh when I was serving there. Rape cases, killing. It was hot.

It was Arthur Eze report saying he was buying and forcefully depriving people of their lands in all parts of Anambra state. But my belief was that he was either right or wrong in his actions. Something must cause something. Meanwhile, I didn’t have a say in such matter because the popular Igbo proverb, ‘he who does not know where the rain starts beating him won't know where the rain stops beating him.’ I came to see Abba Community Secondary school fence was pulled down. I asked why, they said it was on a struggle… Chimamanda Adichie confirmed he was responsible for the destruction of people and properties in Abba.

Now I had come to realize why a certain old woman was about complaining to me why she didn’t think I would get sponsorship or financial support to back me up and help in carrying a successful peoject from Abba indigenes, “I doubt the possibility of getting sponsors for your Community Development Service personal project. Now at this moment and worse time in the lives of Abba community indigenes,” she stopped. I didn’t get something out this not until I gathered detail analysis and got fact, i realized what the old woman’s statement.

So I wouldn’t say something concerning what I didn’t know. I was only a corps member who found herself posted in Abba community to serve. 

Good intentions pave ways and clear conscience fears no accusation. He who comes into equity must come with clean hands. Always be yourself and don't allow people's attitude get to you or makes you regret being you. And always have peace with your fellow men.

Read our previous stories 

Ways to find happiness and peace of mind 

Best way to ask for help

The myth of leadership 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c