Skip to main content

How Temperament Affects Your Relationship

The kindest and the happiest pair will will find occassion to forebear; and something everyday they live, to pity, and perhaps forgive.                                                                                 William Cowper

You are aware that your partner doesn't react to situations, people, or life in general the way you do. Don't get it twisted, the reason is simple—

God made your partner different from you. Meanwhile the difference is undoubtedly part of what made her attractive to you in the first place. Now these differences may escalate to be a real source of irritation. They may even be affecting your love for each other. But that doesn't have to be the case.

The truth remains that understanding temperament styles can help you bridge the conflicts and strengthen your relationship. It is good to know—it is important to look at your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Because we all proudly look at our strengths, but few of us like to confront the negative aspects of our personalities. Nobody would want to hear negative things or attributes to it. I mean who will like to hear they are brassy, interruptive, frank, manipulative, insecure, or moody?

But if our goal is to know ourselves, then we must look into the mirror and acknowledge everything about us. Then will we be able to decide what to do about those  negative traits. 

The only way of attaining a perfect love is by loving.

When we talk about temperament most of your  traits probably fall into two categories, although some people will have traits in all four areas. But your focus should be which two do most of your personality traits fall under?

We have Sanguine–cholerics which are the outgoing, optimistic people. They make excellent leaders. They are the two most common combinations. Melancholy—phlegmatic are cautious, introverted folks who like quiet, reflective thinking. Melancholy—choleric is another perfect combination, denoting a strong and organized person who accomplishes much and really likes to work.

After carefully examining yourself of your personality profile, spend some time thinking about this. You can go ahead to ask your partner or someone close to you how accurate your temperament descriptions fit you. We should learn to acknowledge and accept our weaknesses too. And to love our partner despite their weaknesses, help them to overcome them. We can also stop trying to change others and allow them to be themselves. When we allow our partner to be different from us, then our relationship will definitely improve.

Learn to accept completely and wholeheartedly those areas where your partner is different from you. Learn from them. Also offer your strengths where your partner is weak, and let their strengths complement your weaknesses. Here you go a stronger relationship pops up!


Read related 

5 tips how to make a woman feel loved

10 things that girls love

How to build a healthy relationship 

5 qualities that qualify a good woman 

5 ways to deepen your friendship 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things That qualify A Good Woman

Your attitude can define you terrible person. Aunty Oby was a very terrible lady in her 50s. At NYSC camp Umunya she was proving tough lady, at times she would come looking pregnant and other times she would look not pregnant. But non of the camp officials was leaving the camp to see their families for the whole three weeks. As the corps members were in the camp, the remain there with us. During the three weeks orientation, she was trying to be friendly and nice but she was a mean type and couldn't work perfectly to disguise her true personality traits.  Read also ,  you don't need meanness to run this race called life . She was so mean not even her feign smile could conceal it.  In camp I was always busy walking around with pen and paper. When we were on the parade ground, or the pavilion and even on the lecture hall. Even if I forgot my jotter, I would take any paper I had with me to scrabble down something and this had become a routine to me and people around me, corps membe

My Only Comfort When I Was About To Give Up On Life

Little act that breaks a feeble heart; love, little show of kindness can revive a dying soul. It was my final year in high institution, I really  wanted to go for National Youth Service Corps. Sometimes when we want big things, we

How To Make Yourself Happy When You Are Sad

The best thing you can do to embrace peace of mind is to fall in love with life. It was a beautiful sunday, I wouldn't want my day to be boring so I took a quick decision on how I wanted my day to be. When I returned from church, I freshened up, found something to eat. I dressed up on my short dark blue jeans gown. I wore my black sneakers, wearing my wig to cover my weaved hair, I left the house. I was looking very happy and in my heart I felt I had already found Mr right. It started in the morning when I woke up, there was a bubbling joy in my heart that I felt fulfilled. When I dressed up in the morning to go to church, walking down the sand path in the street could be very irritable. Old Orlu road could have such a lumpy sand land. I tried jumping a heap of sand suddenly I heard a crack. It was my jean skirt. "This skirt I just sewed two days ago," I thought. Anger and regret filled my heart, I tried going to church with the torn skirt but my heart couldn't help c